Looking for a little weight loss inspiration? Meet Fran!

Add/View Comments   Email This Post Email This Post    Print This Post Print This Post

A few days ago, I posted the following question on facebook: “Have you lost weight with help from Let’s Dish!?”  While all of the responses were great, we were amazed by one from long-time disher Fran:

facebook

Wow! 158 lbs!  We knew we had to get the story!  Luckily, Fran was willing to share her weight-loss journey with us, and be our featured disher for our March newsletter (look out for it in your inbox on March 1st!).  Here’s her letter to us, complete with an amazing before and after pic (doesn’t she look great?!):

Dear Ashley,franbeforeafter

Thank you so much for offering to feature my weight loss journey in your March newsletter.  I am somewhat embarrassed by how much I used to weigh, but it’s moments like these that make me realize how much I have actually accomplished… all with the help of Let’s Dish!.  By this Sunday, I expect my total loss to be at 160 pounds, with less than 40 pounds to go to get to my goal.

I work all day, live alone, and don’t have the motivation to come home and take the time to prepare a nice dinner.  I use the Dish-n-Dash option, which could not be any easier.  I order my favorite meals online, request that everything be split into 3-serving meals, and then pick them up on the date I’ve chosen.  I’ve been on Weight Watches for almost 20 months now, and honestly, Let’s Dish! has made losing 160 pounds a pleasure.  I get the most delicious meals at a great price with nutrition and points information provided.  No longer does losing weight have to be difficult or require deprivation thanks to Let’s Dish!.

Thanks again for thinking of me,

fran

Fran, here’s a big round of applause from your friends at Let’s Dish!  We’re all truly inspired by your story and are thrilled to be a part of it.

Fran’s journey got us thinking a little bit, too.  We’re proud that dishing helps families live a healthy lifestyle, but maybe there’s something more we can do?  Would a monthly weight-loss support group at our stores be something of interest?  Or, perhaps, a newsletter specific about weight-loss tricks? You tell us!  We’d love to hear your own weight-loss stories and suggestions!

Be Sociable, Share!

9 Comments

1. Paula D
    Posted February 28, 2011 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Way to go, Fran!! You look amazing! I want to know if Let’s Dish has ever considered offering Weight Watchers’ recipes for the dishers? It would be awesome to have the PointsPlus already calculated!!

2. Ashley
    Posted February 28, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Hi Paula – Good news! We calculate WeightWatchers Points and new PointsPlus for all of our meals! You can find the information by clicking “View Nutrition and Details” next to any menu item.

3. Sonya Haskell
    Posted March 1, 2011 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Way to Go Fran, VERY inspirational.

The monthly weight support group would be interesting for me to attend, especially if they talked about tips and tricks.

4. Andrea
    Posted March 1, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

How inspiring! I’m on WW now, but a long-time Disher, and you guys really do make it so much easier to track by calculating the PointsPlus for us. I saw your note about what else you could do to support those of us trying to lose weight, and think maybe a “healthy eats” session would be helpful. Obviously the menu itself wouldn’t change, but perhaps at the snack bar you could sample some of your healthy veggie sides instead of the scones and dessert bars? (Don’t get me wrong, I *love* the sweets, but it’s too tempting and I’d love to book myself a slot where there’d be no temptation.)

5. Posted September 12, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

Since the admin of this web site is working, no hesitation very soon it will be famous,
    due to its quality contents.

6. Posted November 3, 2012 at 7:28 am | Permalink

you are truly a good webmaster. The web site loading
    speed is incredible. It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a wonderful activity
    on this subject!

7. Posted November 3, 2012 at 10:16 am | Permalink

Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up very fast! What host are you using?
    Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site
    loaded up as quickly as yours lol

8. Posted January 14, 2014 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Exceptional entry! I found it worth it to read.
    I’ll come back later to see if perhaps more posts are added.

9. Posted January 31, 2014 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

I got what you mean, saved to bookmarks, great site.

2 Trackbacks

1. [...] Let’s Dish! Food for Thought » Looking for a little weight loss inspiration? Meet Fran! thedishblog.com/2011/02/18/looking-for-a-little-weight-loss-inspiration-meet-fran/ – view page – cached Fresh Ideas from Let’s Dish! [...]

2. [...] to make healthier choices at mealtime and shed some pounds. Just this past year we featured Fran Mansuy who lost 158 pounds incorporating Let’s Dish! meals and following Weight Watchers. A couple of [...]