FREE Dinner for New Moms! Mothers Day 2008

Add/View Comments   Email This Post Email This Post    Print This Post Print This Post

FREE Dinner for New Moms!Note: this is our post from 2008.  Check thedishblog.com in early May, 2009 for this year’s new version of our “Salute to New Moms” promo!

FREE Dishes for New Moms

Being a new mom is the hardest and most rewarding job we’ll ever have. Well, it just got a little easier… and more rewarding! This Mother’s Day Week, Let’s Dish! will give a FREE Ready Made meal to anyone who has become a mom ( or become a mom again) in 2008. Just come into any of these Let’s Dish! locations between May 4 and May 11 and pick up your free dish (serves 4-6). No obligation. No small print. See just a few details below.*

Pass it on!
> View your “Free Meal” invitation online
> Use our email “Email this” tool above to pass this on to your new mom friends! Or, share to your favorite group on Facebook or more using our “Share This” tool below!
> Buy Mom a Let’s Dish! Gift Card

LINK > See how Let’s Dish! always saves you time and money!

View this month’s menu

(small space)

*Meal selection is subject toavailability. Offer valid at Let’s Dish locations in Baltimore (Timonium), Columbia, Gaithersburg, and Rockville Maryland; Alexandria, Ashburn and Fairfax Virginia. Offer is NOT valid at Bel Air, MD and Leesburg VA locations. Meal recipient must provide valid email address for mom, and proof of birth or adoption (valid proof includes birth certificate, birth announcement, hospital bracelet or other item with child’s name and date of birth or adoption between 1/1/08 and 5/11/08). One meal per child. Yes, moms of twins get two meals.

Be Sociable, Share!

24 Comments

1. Joy Allen
    Posted April 25, 2008 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Any chance you will extend this offer for new moms with a June 2008 due date?

2. Jeremy
    Posted April 25, 2008 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Hi Joy, Congratulations! Sorry that we can’t extend the date, at least not officially. We love moms-to-be too, but were advised to require proof so we didn’t have non-pregnant folks claim to be, say, 3 weeks pregnant and ask for a free meal. That said, between me, you and the blogosphere, I’m sure that by May, you’ll be pretty obviously pregnant. My guess and hope is that our staff will recognize this and provide you with a free meal anyway. Can’t make any promises, but sure think it’s worth a try. What store is closest to you? – Jeremy

3. Amber Gould
    Posted April 29, 2008 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

I was wondering if you would also include new moms who had their babies in 2007? I am a new mom and had my son in 2007. I have been interested in trying Let’s Dish but haven’t been able to yet. I am part of Old Town Moms. Thanks.

4. Jeremy
    Posted April 30, 2008 at 5:41 am | Permalink

Amber, thanks for your message. Unfortunately, we had to make a hard cutoff date for this promotion… otherwise it becomes a slippery slope. Babies born in 2007… 2006… 2005. Heck, pretty soon my own mom’s writing in to claim credit for her efforts back in 1972(!). Just kidding about that one, but we do have to stick to the rules of the game here. That said, we know chasing a toddler (or 5-month old?) is no picnic, and would love to show you how Let’s Dish! can help simplify your life. So, while we can’t include you in this specific promotion, email me at jeremy.kugel@etsdish.net and I’d be happy to send you a special trial offer.

5. Sarah
    Posted May 1, 2008 at 7:41 am | Permalink

Hi,
    I had the same question as Joy Allen – I’m due to have my c-section on the 23rd…(needless to say I am obviously pregnant!)I hope it works!
    This is such an nice thing to do for new moms having 2 toddlers already I know how valuable free time is! So thank you for all the new Moms who will be able to participate!

6. Emily
    Posted May 1, 2008 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Yay! I’m very excited about this. Thank you, Let’s Dish!

7. Heather
    Posted May 1, 2008 at 8:26 am | Permalink

This is GREAT!

Since my daughter was born in January, and even at the end of my pregnancy, we have been going to Let’s Dish in Rockville. It has been a life saver and we get to cook and enjoy dinner together without the stress of it taking an hour to prepare.

8. Molly Bell
    Posted May 1, 2008 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Hi!
    I have a 3 week old son and am delighted to receive this thoughtful offer :) I am a regular disher in Timonium and Holly helps me each time I select my menu because my husband has a severe dairy allergy. Is there any way I could find out the ingredients to the ready made meal in advance to check to see if we can have it? THanks!

9. Posted May 1, 2008 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Hi Molly!
    It is so good to hear from you! I hope that things are well for your family! There certainly is a way to get ingredient information before you get to the store on Ready-Mades. On the website, go to the “Ready Made Sampler” from the home page or under “See Our Menus” to see a listing of the meals that are being offered in the Ready-Made case. Then, just like on the regular menu selections page, you can click on the “more information” icon. That will give you all of the ingredient information and nutritional information.

If you ever have any further questions about it, you can always contact me directly at Holly.Wildberger@LetsDish.net. I should be able to answer any further questions that you may have.

Once you get to the store, if you have any specific questions, the manager or the customer service manager can provide you with the information as well. I do know that most of our stores actually display the information right on the door to the case!

I hope that this information helps you and any other customers that may have ingredient sensitivities!

Holly W.

10. andrea
    Posted May 1, 2008 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Bummer, I had my son 12/20 so missed the cutoff by a week and a half. Oh well – great idea and will pass on to some moms I know who waited to pop until after the New Year :)

11. andrea
    Posted May 1, 2008 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

Oh, and I hope you don’t mind, but since you said to share the link, I posted about it on DCUrbanmom.com – some moms there were just asking about Let’s Dish the other day, so there’s probably a lot of interest. :)

12. Kia McDaniel
    Posted May 2, 2008 at 4:38 am | Permalink

Thank you for remembering the moms of twins! I can’t wait to get my TWO free dinners from the Columbia location!

13. Niharika
    Posted May 5, 2008 at 10:00 am | Permalink

Hi, this is so great and will be a real help! I am in a quandary, though: I applied for my kid’s passport this weekend and they took his birth certificate. As luck would have it, I don’t have a copy. I am attributing all this to “new mom brain!” The baby was born January 24, 2008. What other documentation can I bring? I suppose I might have some doctor’s something or other with his date of birth on it. Would that work?
    (I’d be picking up from the Alexandria location on Little River Turnpike).

Thanks!!

14. Posted May 5, 2008 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Hi Niharika – It’s so exciting that your baby will be traveling the world at such a young age! You can bring in anything with the birth date of your baby on it – hospital bracelet, birth announcement, etc. Basically anything that proves your baby was born this year:) We hope you enjoy your free meal!

15. Niharika
    Posted May 5, 2008 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Emily. I’ll dig through the scrapbook!

16. Heidi
    Posted May 7, 2008 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Bummer it isn’t available at the Bel Air store…I can’t drive yet after a c-section and would’ve loved some help for dinners…. : (

17. Karen
    Posted May 7, 2008 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

I also am very sad about the fact that the Bel Air store is not participating.
    My husband was so excited when he heard the advertisement on the radio, he wanted to rush right in (first stop on the way home from the hospital) But, unfortunately with 3 children already and our 4th due this week, we won’t be driving that far for a meal. Maybe Bel Air should reconsider…..

18. Jennifer
    Posted May 8, 2008 at 7:13 am | Permalink

I was at the Alexandria location yesterday for a session and am due any day now. I was told that since I “hadn’t dropped yet” that they couldn’t honor the free meal. :-(
    I was told that if I had my baby by Sunday to send my husband along to the store with proof of delivery and then I could qualify for the free meal. I’m sure that’s just what we’ll be thinking about while we’re at the hospital! Bummer! Jeremy–I wish I had a printout of your comment with me yesterday! Maybe that would have been helpful. As for providing proof, the woman who claims she is pregnant but isn’t showing yet might be able to provide a sonogram and/or other form of proof from her doctor that she is expecting.

Thanks for honoring Mothers, Let’s Dish!

19. Jeremy
    Posted May 8, 2008 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Jennifer, sorry that the Alexandria location was unable to accommodate your request. For a number of reasons, including legal ones, we have to set tight boundaries around eligibility for the promotion. If our staffs see fit to make exceptions, they have the authority to do so… but unfortunately it’s not something that expecting mothers (much as we love
    them!) can count on. I’m sorry if my previous comments to you were at all misleading, and hope that you’ll continue to make Let’s Dish! part of the solution to your increasingly busy life!

20. Melissa
    Posted May 9, 2008 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

I had the same comment as some of the others – I’m a new Mom, but our daughter was born in Dec as well. If you do this again next year, it might be nice to make the cutoff mother’s day – so it’s a mother’s day to mother’s day type event.

21. Posted June 21, 2011 at 12:33 am | Permalink

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet.

22. Posted November 16, 2011 at 12:05 am | Permalink

This is a great post, but how come you chose to do a “DoFollow” without a spam check? Do you not think you will get less spam with that? On our blog right now I have to use Dofollow to use AJAX on the main page otherwise it messes up the platform, I’m very upset with this resolution because I could keep all the linkjuice to myself.Anyway, I really like your comment.php and stylesheet

23. Posted September 29, 2012 at 8:38 am | Permalink

Great web site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks to your effort!

24. Posted July 10, 2013 at 11:01 am | Permalink

cool

5 Trackbacks

1. [...] New moms, come in by Sunday, May 11th, to take advantage of our offer of Free Meals For New Moms (see full details here). [...]

2. [...] Mother’s Day from Let’s Dish During Mother’s Day Week, Let’s Dish! is giving away a FREE Ready Made meal to anyone who has become a mom (or become a mom again) in [...]

3. [...] for those who’ve not yet made it in, remember that our Free Meals For New Moms (those with children born in 2008) goes until Mother’s Day… so stop by with your [...]

4. [...] and seeing a lot of new moms in all our Let’s Dish! stores this week thanks to our special FREE Meals for New Moms promotion. Here’s one funny story from a new mom’s “freezer experience” in [...]

5. By MySQL Replication on June 30, 2011 at 8:54 am

MySQL Replication…

[...]below you’ll find the link to some sites that we think you should visit[...]…